Sunday, July 23, 2017

Wish You Were Here

Good morning.  Today I'm sharing a card using a sweet stamp set from Newton's Nook.


These cute kitties are from the Newton's Summer Vacation stamp set.  I colored the images with copics and then fussy-cut them.  I diecut the sand and ocean using a Lawn Fawn die and then applied distress inks.  I flicked some brown acrylic paint on the sand and added flicks of water to the ocean.  I stenciled the clouds with a stencil from My Favorite Things and then added a sun that I diecut using a Lawn Fawn die.   I used foam tape on the kitties and sun to add some dimension to my card.  I applied Glossy Accents to the kitty's sunglasses to make them shiny.  I'm not sure exactly where these kitties are vacationing, but I'd love to join them lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Hugs, Anita


I would like to enter this in the following challenge:
Inky Paws Challenge #51  -  Tropical Theme

Stamp:  Newton's Nook - Newton's Summer Vacation
Paper:  Neenah; Watercolor
Other:  Copics, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn dies, My Favorite Things stencil, Glossy Accents

5 comments:

  1. Awe! This is so cute and love your use of color and texture.
    Thanks for getting your Paws Inky at the Inky Paws CHallenge
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! This is such a darling summer scene! Love those clouds and all the different textures! Of course Newton looks smashing as he basked in the sun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, You make the most amazing cards! Your coloring is AMAZING! I so enjoy having your cards pop up on Instagram so I can oooh and ahhhh over them! Would you please consider linking your cards up over at http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com when you make a birthday card. We would love to have your work in our gallery! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I just love the beachy scene you created with the layers of texture on the sea and sand! Really amazing! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I wish I were there, too! Anita, you know I just adore your card! This is a fabulous design with gorgeous coloring! I'm so glad you linked up with the Inky Paws Challenge.

    ReplyDelete